Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Is there like "standard levels" for art?

It really depends on a persons style. For example when my children would paint at 3,4 and 5 I use to love their free spirit and the simple way they placed different colors on huge paper. It would come out beautiful, but now my oldest is a teen and she loves to draw anime manga art. She is very gifted. So they all progressed from fingerpainting, scribbles, sketching, to body shapes, 2 dimension, 3 dimensions, anatomy for my oldest, composition (like using the entire page to express yourself). Some people like Jackson pollock didn't draw but he did a huge masterpiece of just splattered dots and paints and it looked great. Our teacher had us draw nude figures in high school (it was an art school for the gifted) and we had to study the color of the skin, the muscles, the position, the drapery that they sat in or hung over them. When I was in college that was fantastic because I was up in the mountains and they had me start drawing landscape: trees, mountains, rivers, use colors, so it was great. someone like picasso would do a simple linear of a body and everyone said, "wow..thats amazing". So if thats what your studying or want to just go for it because you love to do it. Your teachers and professors will let you know what they expect out of you in class. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment